We understand the concerns about protecting the earth's environment. Sherwin-Williams commitment reaches beyond supplying environmentally friendly paints. It extends throughout our laboratories, manufacturing facilities and distribution systems.
We are continually looking to develop new products and procedures within our organization to reduce the impact we have on nature. We've pioneered the use of environmentally-preferable solutions in our business practices and we are putting our green ideas to work.
- We use sustainable raw materials, like soy and sunflower oil in our paints.
- We've reduced the amount of solvent in our formulations, so the vapors being emitted into the atmosphere are more environmentally friendly.
- New techniques in our manufacturing processes have helped produce less waste and we've implemented energy efficient methods in our plants.
- We've streamlined national distribution processes, helping to conserve fuel, energy and other natural resources.
- We've formulated many of our coatings to clean easily and to resist mildew and harmful bacteria improving the indoor and outdoor environments.
To help you easily identify our green coatings we have introduced the GreenSure™ designation for our environmentally friendly products. Our Greensure products offer maximum performance, long-term durability and the highest indoor air quality ratings.
Duration Home® and Harmony® carry the GreenSure logo designation and both have earned the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval - proof that you can enjoy a beautiful room while still respecting nature's beauty.
Meet Sherwin-Williams environmentally friendly products:
Duration Home® Interior Latex
This environmentally preferred product is specially formulated to be low in odor, resist mildew and have lower levels of smog-producing pollutants (volatile organic compounds or VOC's). Most stains wipe clean with mild soap and water so no harsh cleaning chemicals are needed for clean-up. The durable formula reduces frequent repaints - providing the ultimate in beauty and washability.
Harmony® Interior Latex
Harmony is a natural choice for environmentally preferred interior paint. It is low-odor allowing you to immediately move into your newly painted spaces. It contains less solvents and zero-VOC's (volatile organic compounds) so what is emitted into the air is more environmentally friendly.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of MaineLandCAN.
Sherwin-Williams is not employed by or affiliated with the Maine Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
438 Route 1
Yarmouth, ME 04096
National service provider