Energy and Housing Services
- HOME OWNERSHIP EDUCATION - A 10-hour course to educate homeowners on successful home ownership and for those who aspire to own their own home on the essentials of purchasing a home.
- ENERGY, MOISTURE AND INFILTRATION AUDIT INSPECTIONS - Home-energy usage evaluations that may include recommendations for upgrades, predictions of savings and energy ratings for Energy Efficient Mortgages. Licensed energy auditors perform fee-for-service audits regardless of household income.
- LEAD PAINT INSPECTIONS - Inspections of buildings with the use of a spectrum analyzer and computerized reports, identifying the presence of lead paint on interior and/or exterior surfaces. Licensed lead paint inspectors perform fee-for-service inspections regardless of household income. Some subsidy may be available for households with a child having elevated blood lead levels.
- REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN - Helps households locate and secure the resources they need to meet their housing rehabilitation needs.
- REHABILITATION SPECIALIST - Technical specification writing, bidding and inspection services to municipalities that have received Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) for housing rehabilitation.
- HOME REPAIR/REHABILITATION PROGRAM- Provides low-interest loans or grants to income and program-eligible homeowners for home repair. Fifteen year, 1% loans are available for septic system repair or replacement for qualifying households whose income is at or below 120% of the area median income.
- KEEPING SENIORS HOME - Supports elderly homeowners who wish to remain in their homes by providing technical assistance and identifying financial assistance to make their homes safe and accessible.
- MAINE JOB START - Provides loans of up to $10,000 to low and moderate-income Maine residents to start, strengthen, or expand small businesses. Management training and technical assistance are offered as part of this program.
- WEATHERIZATION - Purchases and installs all types of energy conservation materials (within guidelines) for income-eligible homeowners and tenants.
- CENTRAL HEATING IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (CHIP) - Provides up to $3000 in heating system improvements (such as cleaning, tuning, evaluation, burner retrofit, repair, replacement and conversion) to program and income-eligible households.
- FAMILY DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNT (FDA)- Matched savings accounts for low-income families for the purchase of assets, such as post secondary education, career training, a home, or small business purchase or expansion. Matched savings can be as high as 4 to 1.
- LEAD HAZARD CONTROL PROGRAM - Five year deferred/forgiveable loans may be available for the abatement of lead hazards to landlords who lease predominantly to very low to low income households. Low income single family home owners with a child under six may also qualify for five year deferred/forgiveable loans to abate lead hazards.
- HOMEOWNERSHIP SUPPORT COUNSELING - Provides foreclosure prevention counseling services to home owners who are at risk of falling behind on their mortgage payments or are facing foreclosure.
Contact Rob Bragdon
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of MaineLandCAN.
Rob Bragdon is not employed by or affiliated with the Maine Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Rob Bragdon
Aroostook County Action Progran
P.O. Box 1116
Presque Isle, ME 04769
Statewide service provider in: